All our centres have very experienced and highly qualified female staff who offer specialist, confidential support to women and girls who have suffered any kind of sexual violence either recently or in the past.
Whichever centre you chose to go to, you must call beforehand to make an appointment. You will then be given the address details of that centre. We don’t publicise the addresses of our centres to protect the people who come to them.
Rape Crisis - North London
Tel: 0207 619 1369 (10am - 4pm)
North London Rape Crisis offers free, confidential counselling, advocacy and holistic therapies to women aged 14 and over who live, work or study in Islington, Camden, Westminster, Barnet, Enfield, Kensington and Chelsea and Haringey. Counselling and advocacy are both available in all seven boroughs. North London Rape Crisis is one of the specialist services provided by Solace Women's Aid, an organisation with years of experience and commitment in working with violence against women.
- Weekly individual counselling with trained, experienced counsellors in one of the satellite sites across the seven boroughs
- Counselling and confidence-building groups
- Advocacy and support service providing emotional and practical support, including support for women who choose to report to the police and help to access other services. For example, welfare and benefits advice, safe accommodation, immigration advice and drug and alcohol support
- Access to body therapies including relaxation techniques and head massage
- A women-only staff team with experience in working with sexual violence
- Information and awareness-raising to professionals on issues relating to sexual violence
The opening hours are:
Telephone Line: 10-4 Monday to Friday
Counselling/Advocacy/Group work/Alternative Therapy services are generally offered during the day and after hours in some boroughs. Please call the service for further information.
Rape Crisis – South London
We are based in a safe, anonymous building close to the centre of Croydon, near to good public transport links.
- Face-to-face counselling with a therapist chosen specifically for you
- Counselling in Urdu, Tamil, Gujarati, Turkish, Kurdish and English
- Group Therapy
- Anger Management Therapy
- Support Group for non-abusing parents, partners and friends of survivors
- Self Esteem Workshops
- Self Defence Workshops with the London Centre for Personal Safety
- Advocacy Service: information and help to support you through the legal process, if you are thinking of reporting to the police
- Written information and advice for parents, partners and friends of survivors
- Counselling survivors of sexual violence in prisons
Rape Crisis - East London
PO Box 58203
London N1 3XP
Areas: East London (Hackney, Havering, Tower Hamlets, Newham, Waltham Forest, Redbridge, Barking & Dagenham)
East London Rape Crisis Information & Referral Line: 020 7683 1210
Information & Referral Line Opening Hours: Mon / Fri / Sat mornings (10am-12pm), Tue / Wed / Thu evenings (6pm-8pm)
Fax: 020 7288 1751
Office phone number: 020 7683 1270
The East London Rape Crisis service is one of the specialist services provided by nia, which has been delivering services to women and children since 1975
- 1:1 counselling, for women and girls 14 years upwards.
- Group workshops, for women and girls 14 years upwards.
- Advocacy: Emotional and practical support. For women and girls 14 years upwards.
- Education: Awareness-raising and training for community and professionals.
- Information & Referral Line: Emotional and practical support, signposting and onward referral into appropriate support services. For women and girls/ boys and men: 14 years upwards.
We encourage self-referrals but can also take referrals from professionals (client’s name & safe telephone number only), providing that the client has given consent and knows to expect a call from us.
Rape Crisis – West London
We are based in an easily accessible, central site in Ealing, near to good public transport links. We also have satellite centres in the London boroughs of Brent, Harrow, Hammersmith and Fulham, Hillingdon and Hounslow.
It is one of the specialist services of Women and Girls Network (WGN).
The West London Rape Crisis Centre’s therapeutic work is aimed at promoting total and sustainable recovery from sexual violence. This will be achieved through an integrated provision of the following services:
- Individual counselling of varying contract lengths from 15 sessions – 1 year
- Group work including themed groups and an ending group for women completing their individual counselling
- Access to body therapies
- WGN’s Telephone Helpline open 15 hours per week
- Specialist women-only team of practitioners providing the latest innovations in trauma therapy
- Specialised accredited training programmes aimed at professionals working with gendered violence
- Adherence to the quality standards of BACP and Rape Crisis England and Wales